Hedge Funds in Malta
Hedge funds in Malta are known as Professional
Investor Funds (PIFs). Malta’s sophisticated
regulatory regime ensures a light but strong
regulatory environment for PIFs to operate.
PIFS are allowed significant amount of flexibility
Maltese legislation allows for various types
of funds to operate as PIFs. PIFs can be serviced
by overseas providers including Fund Managers,
Prime Brokers, Custodians and Administrators.
Characteristics of PIFS
- No investment restrictions
- No leverage restrictions in certain cases
- No Custodian in certain cases
- May be operated from overseas
- Low reporting requirements
- Listing on any recognized exchange
- Possibility of self- managed PIFs
- Tax efficient structure
Advantages of PIFs
- Low initial capital requirements
- Low registration fees
- Low annual fees
- Competitive professional fees
- Competitive listing fees
Licensing process usually takes 5-6 weeks from
Due to the nature of PIFS, each case is treathed
on its own merit. We thus suggest you email
us on email@example.com
with a detailed description of what your intentions
are, and we will be happy to help you out.
The content on this website is for information purposes only and should not be taken as tax, legal or any other professional advice.